
Poor Elder and Sister Johnston... they had to make all of the schedule changes so that I could go into the hospital. It was kind of crazy, but it seems to have all worked out. I so appreciate all that the other missionaries are doing so that I can heal and get better!

This is Strong Memorial Hospital. It is a big place (there is also a children's hospital hooked to it, similar to U or U and Primary). Doug got so he knew his way around, but I only know two rooms. I couldn't find anything in there if I had to !

Me at the pre-op checkup. It took 3 1/2 hours and I never sat and waited for anyone. They gave me the once over to make sure that I was ready for surgery and healthy! I guess I passed!

When I first came out of surgery they didn't send me to recovery. They sent me to my room in the Cardio Vascular ICU. I had a nurse the first 24 hours that didn't leave my bedside. Doug said that there were 7 different IV's hanging at one time from the IV stand. No wonder I felt like a puffy sausage when I woke up!

This is just as I was out of surgery... There were about 16 different monitors and I was breathing on a resperator. I don't remember any of this... Doug does... He took this picture so that I could see how it really was.

The first time I set up after surgery. I don't look too happy... I guess that is because I felt so rotton. This has to be the second day after surgery... I am still not keeping much pain medication down...

My first walk after surgery. It only took two other people and a third person pushing a chair (in case I got too tired) behind me to get me up and moving. A little stroll of 3 minutes was like running a marathon! I am doing slightly better now.... I am up to 10 minutes!

Using my breathing bottles... Hurts like heck, but it is good for getting the "junk" out of your lungs and for getting them to "reinflate". At first I could only get 500 units or less on the bottles. I have been slowly getting more into my lungs. 1000 to 1250 units now!
These pictures wouldn't download when I was doing my blog... so hopefully you will keep on reading to get the rest of the scoop!
No comments:
Post a Comment