Look what I got for my birthday!! The doorbell rang
and Doug went to answer it. I wasn't far behind him
and I heard him say, "What are you doing here?" When I
got to the door and saw who it was, I was in shock!
A visit from Ethan Jeffrey Pack and Laura! Whoo-hoo!
He had doubled in size since we had seen him!
He can pull the saddest face when he is crying. It
is so sad that it is almost funny! He knows how to
work the system already.
Happy little boy. He is getting so big!
We kept trying to get a picture of him smiling, but
it was like he knew what we were doing so he would
stop!
His eyes really arent red... they are a beautiful
baby blue! Sweet boy!
He loves to stick out his tongue! You can't tell
from this picture, but he has a pointy tongue!
Jett checking himself out in the mirror! Pretty
good looking!
Grandpa and Ethan veggin' out! Just enjoying
snuggle time!
My beautiful Christmas Cactus! My Visiting
Teachers brought it to me!
It is a tiny little plant, really, but it is sure covered
with blossoms!
We have been called to a Service Mission at the
Family Services, department of Correctional Services.
Doug looking up or putting away letters at our
Office of Correction!
This is where we do our letter writing. It is really interesting
and humbling. Where wrong choices can get you!
Here is what some of the office looks like. There are
lots of books and information that we can send the
inmates. You really do feel the spirit as to what it is
that they need. Interesting!
Typing away at my little computer. I sure wish
I could type as fast and spell as good as my sisters!
Doug's side of the office. There is only one couple
there each day. (or half day) We have enjoyed
being able to be together as we answer the letters
from inmates.
I told you that it would snow just as soon as all
the blossoms came out on our tree!
It has a look of winter, doesn't it! But within a few
days, it looked like this....
It was hot enough that Doug needed to turn the sprinklers
on!
The pink flowers are almost all gone and the
green leaves have taken their place.
We enjoy all of Andrea's "regular day " pictures,
so we took our camera to the dentist.
Neither of us had any cavities!!!! Now thats a
"Missionary Blessing!"
Ok... yesterday I got all of my pictures loaded on the blog and a letter written and was so proud of myself because it was before noon! .... But when I went to publish it, I got an error message and everything was wiped out. I was so mad! So if this happens again, I am finding me a new blog place! Grrrrrrrrrr!
Anyway, The neatest thing happened! Laura and Ethan showed up at my door for my birthday! It was unbelievable! We were both stunned... we didn't hardly know what to say! Here was our sweet daughter and our beautiful grandson standing there (and we hadn't been drinking so we knew that it was true, but we could hardly believe it anyway!). Sister Smith couldn't stand it any longer and sent Laura a ticket to come to Utah! It just happened to be the week of my Birthday!!! Good timing! We were certainly glad that she did! It was so fun to see Ethan... he has doubled his birthweight and has grown about 5 inches! He looked like a different kid! (But at the same time, he didn't. We knew who he was!)
We got to spend some time with them and even got to babysit Ethan while Laura went to the temple with her family. He was as good as gold! Helen was at our house to watch the new Work and the Glory Movie so she got to see them. When Laura and Ethan come at the end of the month, we will come and show the rest of you! (LaRay couldn't have held him anyway because of shoulder surgery. Maybe by the 24th she will be doing better!) Jeff will be coming out on the 9th of June (Hammond Reunion), we will bless him the 10th and then they will leave for Alaska on the 14th. Andrea is counting down the days until she gets to see little Ethan (and Jeff and Laura, but you know how it is!!!)
As you probably all know by now, Doug and I have been called to be Service Missionaries one day a week. We work for the Family Services Branch of the church , specificly to the Office of Corrections. Any letter that comes to the church from inmates (anywhere in the world) comes to our office and we write back to them and answer doctrinal questions, send them scriptures or study guides if they ask for them, recieve their tithing, etc. It has been a wonderful experience already and I am sure that we will continue to enjoy it for the next year!
Spring is here with its warm days and cold days. I am sure that Summer will be here too soon for me. I hope that you are all doing well. Leave us comments because we love to read them!
Love, Doug and Delores
3 comments:
I loved all of the pictures. I noticed, however, that you called Ethan "Jett" in one of your captions. I guess it's hard to keep two cutie boys apart :) I liked the snow with pink blossoms picture. You should photo shop a few things out of it and get it framed. I wish you were coming up with Jeff in June...there's still time, you know. Love you and loved the pictures :)!!! xoxoxoxo
Hi, love all the pics of little Ethan. I also noticed you called him Jett - gotta remember you have two grandsons now - hahahaha. Slip of the fingers. Can't believe it's almost summer. I'm sure glad I got to see Ethie (That's what we call our Ethan). He's a doll! The pictures don't really do him justice Andrea. Anyway, loved the blog, I've been trying to get one up - but my camera isn't working that great and the last two times I tried to put up a blog it wouldn't let me - GRRRR. See ya - ....Love, Helen
I am glad you were able to have such a good time with my son and my wife, I am looking forward to june, and being able to Also enjoy all the fun. You guys look great, and we are always proud nthat you are serving a mission. Still. I love the pictures of the house, nice to see "home" have a great day, I love you.
Post a Comment