Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter and "backwards"....

I posted all of these pictures backwards... you can either
go to the end and work up, or just figure it out on your own. :)



Olivia's haul from the jelly bean easter egg hunt.


Jeff got his share! The jelly bean hunt is a favorite family
tradition. We don't hunt for big eggs... just tiny ones!


Victoria loved the hunt. She really got into it! Each of the
kids got a bucket, garden shovel and rake, garden gloves and
crocks. Did you notice the garden theme?


Uncle Steve hid all the jelly beans in high places... that ment
he had to lift everyone up to get them when they were spotted!


I think he had a good time "playing" the gave with us!


Most of the jellies are in simple places to find, but we do get
creative... Sometimes we find them days later!


Jett loved it! He would see one and skip over others
just to get it. It was funny.


A good time was had by all!


The traditional bunny cake... handed down from Grandma Hammond.
The black jelly beans at the back are a tradition, too! I think Russell (and
probably Helen) were the ones that started that!


I had to use toothpicks for the whiskers. I forgot to get
candy for that!


Miss Ella is starting to smile and even laugh out loud. Brent
is the one that can get her laughing. She will smile for the rest
of us, but most of her belly laughs are brought on by Daddy!


This is a big smile!!!


Ella loves to "suck her lips" into her mouth. On this day we
couldn't get a good smile because she was having so much fun
looking goofy!


Poor Jett.... Three sisters! He is bound to have some pictures
that he will want to distroy as he gets older!


He is so proud to be the girls practice "dummy"!


Everyone on our street has commented on how much they are enjoying
having little kids on the street again. I have to say that Jett riding up the
street on his bike is absolutely adorable!


Victoria has learned to climb trees this Spring. This is great
fun to her, but it may mean another broken arm before she
is through with Summer!


Her nose looks huge in this picture, but I think that it is just
scrunched up as she is making a face.


Poor Laura was so tired. She came to Utah for 4 weeks and during
that time she had sick kids... too many places to go and too many
people to see. She didn't get much rest. Austin was the only one
holding out from taking a nap!


Ethan was so tired he couldn't even eat his cookie. It was
so sad! He goes so hard most of the time, that it seemed strange
to have him "stopped". Ethan promptly went home from this Utah,
trip and jumped off of a chair and broke his clavicle! He is miserable!
He kept telling his mother to "Free the Bees" like on the Bee Movie but she didn't
know what he was taking about. After a bath while putting him back
into his brace for his clavicle he told her that the brace was his bee
wings. He doesn't like the brace so he wanted to "Free the Bees"!! How
funny is that!


Grandpa and Austin reading together! They both seemed to love
the time together! Austin (and now Ella) are getting so big that
Grandpa needs to sit down with them.... they are just too heavy!


This adorable hat was made my my friend, Cindi Wendler. Isn't
it darling! I have since made a few myself... they are really quite
fun to make... and so cute to see!

We have a lot of things going on at our house... I haven't posted a
blog for a while... We'll see if I get any more organized. I used to be,
but something happened!!! We hope you like the pictures!
We love you all and hope that everything is going well for you. Hope to
see you soon! Doug and Delores

3 comments:

Music Mama said...

Cute cute kids! (But honestly, what else would I say?!) I wish I was going to Ohio. I'm very jealous.

Manda Panda said...

Nostalgic memories! My mom and Dad ALWAYS hid jelly beans around the house on Easter, and I LOVED it. Why have I not done this for my children? They are missing out. I'll start next year...a new old tradition!

Thanks for the sweet pics. It's so nice to be able to keep in touch with each other's lives this way.

Poor litte Ethan. I bet he is absolutely miserable. And I don't blame him. I'd want to "free the bees" too. That is seriously the funniest thing ever!

Counting down the days till June. Can't wait to see everyone!

Love you ~ Amanda

bigsexy said...

Thanks for updating the blog! We like to see what you are doing too!
Jeff, Laura and the boys!