Thursday, October 04, 2007

Andrea's House in Cedar Hills - American Fork Canyon


The difference between your back yard and the neighbors... he has
cleared the rocks and brought in dirt! I am standing on your little
patio which is the same as his... He has flat rock sitting there and will
probably "add" to his patio... You could do one like G Pack's old house.
You have plenty of rock!!!


This is the lid to the water meter that will be in the center of
your driveway-sidewalk.


You need the lid or you will fall into this hole! Hopefully
the lid stays bolted!




This shows where the water meter is... it also shows the new
concrete that must have been poured this morning. Part of the
front sidewalk, driveway, front sidewalk and stairs into the house.


Here is the sidewalk to your front door and the stairs
into your house.


This was just holding the camera up to a window and taking
a picture... I think these next pictures turned out pretty good
for "a shot in the dark". Looking in from a North kitchen window
looking accross the dining area into the family room.


Again, more of the same... look at the edge of the light witch will
be over your dining table... also look at the plugs that will be on
your counter... a couple may be lights and disposal....


Looking in the East window (blind again). There is a window on
each side of the sink which is in the corner of the kitchen. You can see
where the stove will be... when the fridge will be (note the water that is
run to it so you can have ice and water from your fridge)... your pantry
without the door.


You can see the desk next to your fridge. There is space for a
microwave/range hood above the stove.


The gas hook up near your front porch.


Front of the house (note that some of the rock fell off of the
center of the garage) oops! I'm sure they will fix that!


Carpet that is laying out on the front porch... that was
nice of them to do that for us! :)


Zoomed in from the front window (standing on the porch)
You can see where the tile begins dividing the family room and
the dining room.


The same picture Zoomed out. Living room to the right.
Two closets on the left. Looking from porch to back of the house.
The door goes out onto the patio.


Looking in from the little window by the front door. The stairs going up on the left....
and the door is the stairway going down. the big window is in the Family room.
Two closets again on the left.


OK... I broke into the garage hoping that I could get into the house.
I couldn't, but I put the camera through the dead bolt hole in the door and snapped
these pictures.... Cabnets and bar... bay window in dining room. Lots of junk
from the electricians on the counters... couldn't get a good look at them bacause
of the junk!


You can even see the hole for the dead bolt on this picture!
I actually think I did a pretty good job! If I had had a ladder
I would have got some of the second floor! Ha, ha, ha,!


Looking in the opposite "bay window" across the dining room to the
kitchen. The desk and garage door are on the far left... then fridge, pantry,
stove, windows near sink.


Same thing... slightly different angle (Now remember this is
through really dirty windows!!!) Note the hole in the garage
door... that is where I took those other pictures. The tile looks nice, too!


You can see the bottom of the light fixture above the dining area.
I think the cabnets are very much like the ones in the cabin.


Looking in the dining room window across the family room to the
stairs and then the living room... window looks out onto the front porch.
The door standing on the right side of this picture (in the crummy reflection
of the window, is your front door!


Looking through the family room window to the hallway and front door.
The small window is along the side of the Front door.


Outside view again! Looks very nice.

As everyone can tell, this blog is mostly for Andrea and Brent so that they can see their house... they have purchased it without "seeing" it in person. We sure hope it is what they are thinking it is... Ok... This was Dad's first Bid Outing!!! He has been wanting to see Andrea's house since they told us about it.

We could only see it from the outside. It was all locked up. It is too bad that we couldn't get in so Doug could see the upstairs... (They would have liked us to be able to do that, too!) It takes about 1 hour 15 minutes to get there from Farmington... (I went about 70! :) ) It looks very nice. I hope the pictures help you... it is hard to get good pictures through dirty windows. Considering how we took them.... I think they are great!

We can't wait until you are all here! You have next summers yard project all lined up! :) See you soon! Mom and Dad

2 comments:

Helen said...

Wow! I didn't know they had bought a house either, they've had more new houses in their short marriage than I have had in my lifetime. It's beautiful. The scenery looks awfully bare though. I speak not to help with the yard work - looks like a desert,where are all the trees?????? I'm a little touchy about trees as they are cutting down about 10 big trees across the street from me and it breaks my heart. There should be a law against it - hahahaha. When will it be finished? Will they be able to more right in? PRETTY COOL xoxoxoxox

Longhurst Family said...

The home looks really nice. I am sure you will really enjoy it. Your first "bigger family home".
I seems to flow very close to mine, big and open.
Love,
Charie'