Monday, November 03, 2008

OK...It has been a year since our last post!

We have had a lot happening with our family during the past year. Andrea and the kids moved back from Alaska and moved in with us. Brent came just in time for Christmas. They moved to a new house in Cedar Hills, We went on a road trip to San Diego, Andrea's family moved back with us in August, Jeff had his 2nd baby boy on Aug. 6th, School Starting, another baby due in January.... the list goes on.

I have taken pictures, but I didn't download them until yesterday... 297 of them to look at, sort through, and then choose a few to give an over view of all the fun and activities we have had. Here are some pictures... (I couldn't post all 297, but I gave it a good try!)



Victoria in her Kindergarden Halloween Parade.


Olivia and Victoria going to school.


The two dress up queens!

The girls came up to our room one night dressed as
wrestlers.... Garbage bags with leg holes cut in them
were their uniform, but the underware on their heads
was the kicker! Grandpa and I laughed until we were
sick.
I am sure that you can understand why we thought
it was funny!

We went to Columbus to see Austin our newest grandson.
He was adorable... Ethan loved him, too!

Every day Ethan was very interested in Grandpa
shaving. One day he got a little too close! :)
I cannot tell a lie... we did play a few games of cards!

We went to the zoo twice while we were there. Jeff
and Laura have a yearly pass and we all got in free!
Ethan loves the zoo. He will watch the animals longer
than any little kid you've ever seen!
Sure hope Austin loves the zoo, too!

Ethan got to ride on the horse while at the
zoo. He thought he was pretty hot stuff. Grandma
and Grandpa thought he was too!


It rained while we were in Ohio and Ethan went out to
play in the rain water. He loves water, too!

Austin and Laura! So cute!


Ethan loved to play at the table...



Ethan is a total nut cake... He stuck his gusher
in his hair to keep it for later!


Cutie little Austin!


Grandpa loved to rock Austin. It was too
hard on his back to walk with him.


Ethan had never seen "hot air popcorn". He
got so excited. He laughed so hard!


Grandma loved to snuggle with Austin, too!


It was hard to get a picture of Austin that really shows
how cute he is... I don't think this one did either! Trust me,
he is darling!


Ethan writing! We think he is going to be a lefty!


Snuggle time for Grandpa!


Ethan is a dare devil! If he doesn't have to have stitches
soon it will be a miracle. He loves to jump off things (like
chairs) onto his bean bag!


Ethan kept us entertained! He loves his Nemo hat!


Jett, your sisters are going to blackmail you with
these pictures someday!


Doesn't he make a lovely bride?


The kids loved making cotton candy. So did Grandma!
It is one of her favorites, too!


Playing Corn Hole (an Ohio favorite) on the 24th of
July. Jeff and Laura made Andrea's family and Doug and I each
a game for Christmas. We kept both of the Corn Hole
games going for several hours. It is a great game!
Thanks Jeff and Laura!


We had a water balloon toss game. I was Jett's
partner. He would throw the balloon knowing that
it would pop. He would be back with another one to
throw within seconds!


The kids ran through the sprinklers... it was a hot
day!


Even the dog (Trixie, a Mickey look alike) got into
the action!


Jett....


While we were in San Diego, Jett could hardly wait
to go "where ever" each morning. "Can't you guys
hurry a little faster?"


Grandpa and Ethan watching the whale show. He
loved every minute of it!


It's so cool to watch the whales underwater!

We loved having the entire family together... It was
noisey, but really fun!


Jeff and Ethan liked riding on Grandpa's stroller
once in a while! Doug really didn't want to have a
wheel chair, but just the walk from the parking lot
to the front gate changed his mind. It was a very good thing
he had one. He would have never made it!


WOW!!!


We went to all the shows in See World. Many
of them twice! Grandpa's handicaped seating
came in nice! Reserved seating about 1/2 way
up the seats! Cool!


We brought our lunch every day to help everyone
same money. It was fun.


We had to go out of the park to picnic, but there was
a table in the shade that we could all sit at.


One crippled Grandpa, two pregnant daughters, four
little kids and Jeff and I! Thank heavens for Jeff... He
was really the only able bodied person there! We loved
strollers... we smuggled water bottles, fruit snacks and
crackers in using the diaper bags!!!!


Here are four cute kids!
The back of each shirt says, "I am Grandma and
Grandpa's favorite! They are all right!

I didn't put in any pictures of our day at Disneyland. It was also a great day! Thanks to Andrea's Air Force discount we got two days at Sea World and one at Disneyland at a pretty
good price!
As you can see, we have been busy and having fun. I will try to not take another year before I post another blog! :) I will attempt to do better! We love you all and hope that you are all healthy and happy!
Doug and Delores

4 comments:

Helen said...

Great Job! I took the short cut and only looked at the first post- I think I saw the one of Andreas house before. Good work. I have a bunch of pictures to post myself, but it's just that sitting typing all day does not make it easier to sit at the computer at the end of a long day. My sciatica is still bad! But one of these days..... Your grandkids are almost as cute as mine - pretty close! Thanks, I love the blog! xoxoxoxox

Stef said...

I love all of the pictures. The wrestlers and Jett as a bride were my favorite. You do have beautiful grandkids and I love to read about each of them. It must be so much fun to have Andrea and the kids with you every day. Ethan and Austin are sooo cute too. I can't believe you have 5 grandkids with one more on the way.

Manda Panda said...

I LOVED every minute of this post! I kinda wish you would have put all 297 pictures on here. I miss my family that I have never lived close to soooooo much! Is that silly? Andrea and I have already decided that we will all for sure be neighbors in heaven:-)

p.s. The girls in their wrestling costumes was HILARIOUS!!!

Love to you all ~ Amanda & family

The Boover Bunch said...

Hey, Aunt Delores and Uncle Doug. We're sitting at Jenny's letting the triptophan kick in. Jen hosted Thanksgiving lunch at her house today. It's great seeing your pics. We loved having Jeff and Laura here visiting...and can't wait to see ya'll in June. Love you dearly. emily